TUM Graduate School Welcome Office
Our Welcome Office gives potential students and doctoral candidates from Germany and abroad information about the doctorate, the offerings of TUM Graduate School, and life in Munich. In order to make things easier for potential doctoral candidates at the start, the Welcome Office also provides information about recognizing foreign university degrees, and offers support for visa and immigration formalities.
The Welcome Office can inform you about:
- Doctorate options at TUM
- Applications and admissions
- Recognition of foreign university degrees
- Financing options
- Visa and immigration formalities
- Arrival and life in Munich
- Being a part of the TUM Graduate School
- Services and course offerings at the TUM Graduate School
As an international applicant, there are a few things to consider if you want to come to Germany for a doctoral program. Here is an overview of the most important steps. [more]
Webinar Series "Doctorate at TUM"
During its new webinar series "Doctorate at TUM", the TUM-GS informs (international) applicants and doctoral candidates, inter alia, about
- the Characteristics and requirements of the TUM Model of Doctoral Education,
- Application process and the entry into the Doctoral Candidacy List,
- Living in the Munich metropolitan area (living expenses, housing, etc.),
- Funding opportunities,
- … as well as other topics related to the doctorate at TUM and the services of the TUM-GS.
The webinars vary according to the needs of the participants and offer the opportunity for a joint exchange of experiences and topic related questions. The webinar series serves to inform (international) applicants as well as doctoral candidates about the requirements and processes of the doctorate at TUM and the services of the TUM-GS from an early stage on. [more]