EuroTech panel debate on Excellent Innovation (in Brussels)
From excellent research to excellent innovation – are universities ready for the future?
To retain global competitiveness built on breakthrough innovations, Europe needs to capitalize on its excellent science and technology. HORIZON 2020’s approach to address research and innovation under one programme was a step in the right direction. The 9th Framework Programme for Research and Innovation should go even further, in order to ensure impact in terms of high-growth industries or radically new solutions to societal challenges.
The event will foster discussion around fundamental questions on how Europe can best exploit the full potential of science and technology:
- How can Europe win the global battle for top talent?
- Are universities ready for the future?
- Open Innovation 2.0: is it possible to bridge the gap between science and the outside world?
- Do innovation eco-systems really exist in Europe? Why do they matter?
- ROBERT-JAN SMITS, Director-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- ANDERS BJARKLEV, President, Technical University of Denmark
- JAN MENGELERS, President, EuroTech Universities Alliance and President, Eindhoven University of Technology
- ANASTASIA AILAMAKI, Professor of Computer Sciences and ERC Grantee, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- DANIEL CREMERS, Professor of Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition and ERC Grantee, Technical University of Munich
- OLINE VINTER OLESEN, Senior Researcher, Technical University of Denmark and CTO TracInnovations
- MAARTEN STEINBUCH, Professor of Control Systems Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology
When: 20 September 2017, 18:00-20:00,
Where: The Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the European Union Rue Wiertz 77, B-1000 Brussels