PreDoc Program in Mathematics
The PreDoc Program is designed for outstanding students who wish to pursue their PhD at the Department of Mathematics. Through application and admission already at a Masters level, PreDoc-students have early access to many aspects of the Faculty's Doctorate Programs as well as special financing possibilities!
Who should apply?
If you hold a Bachelor degree or are expected to complete your degree prior to the beginning of the PreDoc Program, we encourage you to apply if:
- You want to pursue a doctorate in Mathematics
- You are passionate and creative about Mathematics
- You have excellent grades
- You have proof of sufficient English language skills (e.g. TOEFL minimum requirements: internet based test: 88; computer based test: 234; paper based test: 605).
What do you get from our PreDoc Program?
While enrolled in one of our Master Programs you will prepare for a future doctorate in Mathematics. The program includes:
- An individual mentoring with a professor from your area of interest
- Flexible entry points to one of our Doctorate Programs at different stages
- Embedding in an attractive interdisciplinary and international graduate environment
- A pre-study course prior to enrollment for orientation and, in particular, understanding German society and the university system
- Scholarships for the duration of max. 2 years (a monthly stipend of 1.000 EUR) are available for international students. These will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
When and where to apply
Applications are open until 27 November 2017.
For application and further details, please visit the PreDoc Website.