Prof. Dr. Susanne Albers
Department of Informatics
Technical University of Munich
Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching
- Dissertation 1993, Habilitation 1999, Saarland University and Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbrücken
- 1994-1995: Postdoc at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI), Berkeley, California, USA
- 1999-2001: Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Dortmund
- 2001-2009: Professor of Computer Science, Chair of Information and Coding Theory, University of Freiburg
- 2009-2013: Professor of Computer Science, Chair of Algorithms and Complexity, Humboldt-University of Berlin
- since 2013: Professor of Computer Science, Chair of Theoretical Computer Science, TUM
- Visiting Professor at Carnegie Mellon University (Fall 2006) and Cornell University (Fall 2012)
The design and analysis of algorithms, particularly online and approximation algorithms.
List of published previous research relevant to AdONE (selection)
On multi-processor speed scaling with migration (with A. Antoniadis and G. Greiner), J. Comput. Syst. Sci., 81 (2015) 7, 1194-1209.
Quantifying Competitiveness in Paging with Locality of Reference (with A. Frascaria). Proc. 42th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), Springer LNCS 9134, 2015, 26-38.
On Nash equilibria for a network creation game (with S. Eilts, E. Even-Dar, Y. Mansour, L. Roditty), ACM Trans. Economics and Comput., 2 (2014) 1, 1-27.
Race to idle: New algorithms for speed scaling with a sleep state (with A. Antoniadis), ACM Transactions on Algorithms, 10 (2014) 2, 1-31.
On Approximate Nash Equilibria in Network Design (with P. Lenzner), Internet Mathematics, 9 (2013) 4, 384-405.
New online algorithms for story scheduling in web advertising (with A. Passen). Proc. 40th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), Springer LNCS 7966, 2013, 446-458.
On the value of job migration in online makespan minimization (with Matthias Hellwig), Proc. 20th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), Springer LNCS 7501, 2012, 84-95.
Energy-efficient algorithms, Communications of the ACM, 53 (2010) 5, 86-96.
On the value of coordination in network design, SIAM J. Comput., 38 (2009) 6, 2273-2302.
Energy-efficient algorithms for flow time minimization (with H. Fujiwara), ACM Transactions on Algorithms, 3 (2007) 4, 1-17.