Prof. Dr. Martin Bichler
Decision Sciences and Systems
Department of Informatics
Technische Universität München
Boltzmannstr.3, 85748 Garching
- Dissertation 1997, Habilitation 2001, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- 1997-1998: Postdoc, UC Berkeley, USA
- 2001-2003: Research Staff Member, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, USA
- since 2003: Full Professor for Informatics, TU München
- since 2007: Adjunct Professor at the School of Management, TU München
- visiting Professor: University of Cambridge (2008); HP Labs Palo Alto (2008); Department of Economics at Yale University (2016), Department of Economics at Stanford University (2017).
- faculty and board member of the Bavarian Elite Master program "Finance and Information Management"
- fellow of the Agora Group on Market Design at the University of New South Wales, Australia.
Market Design and Operations Research
List of published previous research relevant to AdONE (selection)
Split-award procurement auctions: Can Bayesian equilibrium strategies predict human bidding behavior in multi-object auctions? (with K. Guler and S. Mayer), Production and Operations Management, 24 (2015) 6, 1012-1027.
Compact bid languages and core-pricing in large multi-item auctions (with A. Goetzendorff, B. Day, and P. Shabalin), Management Science, 61 (2015) 7, 1684 - 1703, 2015.
More than bin packing: On dynamic resource allocation strategies in cloud computing (with A. Woke, B. Tsend-Ayush, C. Pfeiffer,) Information Systems, 51 (2015), 83-95.
Ascending combinatorial auctions with risk averse bidders. (with K. Guler and J. Petrakis), Group Decision and Negotiation, 25 (2016)3, 609-639.
Efficiency with linear prices? A theoretical and experimental analysis of the combinatorial clock auction (with P. Shabalin, and G. Ziegler) INFORMS Information Systems Research, 24 (2013), 394-417.
Do core-selecting combinatorial clock auctions always lead to high efficiency? An experimental analysis of spectrum auction designs (with P. Shabalin and J. Wolf), Experimental Economics, 16 (2013) 4, 511-545.
Ascending combinatorial auctions with allocation constraints: Game-theoretical and computational properties of generic pricing rules (with I. Petrakis and G. Ziegler), INFORMS Information Systems Research, 24 (2013) 3, 768-786.
On the impact of package selection in combinatorial auctions: An experimental study in the context of spectrum auction design (with T. Scheffel and G. Ziegler), Experimental Economics, 15 (2012), 667-692.
Using matrix approximation for high-dimensional server allocation problems (with T. Setzer), European Journal of Operational Research, 227 (2012) 1, 62-75.
An experimental comparison of linear and non-linear price combinatorial auctions (with T. Scheffel, A. Pikovsky, and K. Guler), INFORMS Information Systems Research, 22 (2011) 2, 346-368.
Compact bidding languages and supplier selection for markets with economies of scale and scope (with S. Schneider, K. Guler, and M. Sayal), European Journal of Operational Research, 214 (2011), 67-77.