Prof. Dr. Nicole Megow
Associated Principal Investigator
- Dissertation 2006, TU Berlin
- 2002-2008: Research Associate and Postdoc, TU Berlin & DFG Research Center MATHEON
- 2008-2012: Postdoc/Senior Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Informatics
- 2011-2012: Interim professor for Discrete Optimization, TU Darmstadt
- 2012-2015: Head of Emmy Noether Research Group, TU Berlin
- 2015-2016: Assistant Professor for Discrete Mathematics, TU Munich
- since 2016: Full Professor, University of Bremen
- Combinatorial optimization
- Efficient algorithms, approximation algorithms
- Scheduling, resource allocation, packing, network design, routing
- Uncertainty models: online, stochastic, robust, universal optimization
List of published previous research relevant to AdONE (selection)
An Ο(log m)-competitive algorithm for online machine minimization (with L. Chen and K. Schewior), Proceedings of the 27th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2016, 155-163.
Stochastic and robust scheduling in the cloud (with L. Chen, R. Rischke and L. Stougie), Proceedings of the 18th International Workshop on Approximation Algorithms for Combinatorial Optimization Problems (APPROX), 2015, LIPIcs 40, 175-186.
Clique partitioning with value-monotone submodular cost (with J.R. Correa), Discrete Optimization, 15 (2015), 26-36.
A tight 2-approximation for preemptive stochastic scheduling (with T. Vredeveld), Mathematics of Operations Research, 39 (2014) 4, 1297-1310.
A new approach to online scheduling: Approximating the optimal competitive ratio (with E. Günther, O. Maurer and A. Wiese), Proceedings of the 24st Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2013, 118-128.
Universal sequencing on a single unreliable machine (with L. Epstein, A. Levin, J. Mestre, A. Marchetti-Spaccamela, M. Skutella, and L. Stougie), SIAM Journal on Computing, 41 (2012), 565-586.
On Eulerian extensions and their application to no-wait flowshop scheduling (with W. Höhn and T. Jacobs), Journal of Scheduling, 15 (2012) 3, 295-309.
Decision support and optimization in shutdown and turnaround scheduling (with R.H. Möhring and J. Schulz), INFORMS Journal on Computing, 23 (2011) 2, 189-204.
Optimizing the landside operation of a container terminal (with G. Froyland, T. Koch, E. Duane, and H. Wren), OR Spectrum, 30 (2008) 1, 53-75.
Models and algorithms for stochastic online scheduling (with M. Uetz and T. Vredeveld), Mathematics of Operations Research, 31 (2006) 3, 513-525.