Doctorate with a Scholarship

As a scholarship holder, you finance your doctorate with a scholarhsip from an external organization (e.g. a foundation, state research institution or funding agency) in Germany or abroad. You either bring the stipend “with you" when you come to TUM from another country, or apply for it when you start your doctorate at TUM. As a rule, TUM Graduate School does not grant any doctoral stipends.

Scholarship holders have more freedom in shaping their work processes, but they enjoy the same academic support from their supervisor at TUM. Often, scholarship holders receive further (ideational) support from their scholarship providers, and/or are part of a doctoral or graduate program.