Following our semester focus, the TUM-GS and the Graduate Council are organizing an idea contest.
All doctoral candidates are invited to hand in proposals for an innovative course or workshop within the TUM-GS transferable skills program, specifically tailored to your needs and interests.
This is your chance to create the workshop you have always wanted!
How it works:
Download and fill out the form.
The questions in the form might help you to create a workshop proposal.
Please submit your proposal at the latest by March 17th, 2019 to email@example.com.
After a formal check of the submitted proposals, a judging panel consisting of the Graduate Council and the TUM-GS will select the winning ideas.
The TUM-GS will fund and organize the two courses with the highest vote. As the creator of a winning seminar, you will be guaranteed a place in the course – free of charge!
- February 18th, 2019: Call for proposals is open
- March 17th, 2019: Deadline for handing in the full proposals
- March 18th, 2019 – March 31st, 2019: Cross-checking of proposals
- April 1st, 2019 – April 7th, 2019: Voting process
- April 8th, 2019: The winning courses will be announced and the winners informed
- Winter semester 2019/2020: Winning courses will take place*
* We will do our best to arrange the courses during the beginning of the winter semester 2019/2020. In case there is no adequate trainer available, we reserve the right to organize the course at a later time.
Criteria and quality standards:
- A maximum of two doctoral candidates can hand in one proposal together
- The proposed course has to have a focus on transferable skills training and must be relevant for doctoral researchers from different disciplines
- The course addresses a topic and/or skill that serves as an additional qualification during your doctorate and/or offers valuable orientation for your next career steps
- The course should provide a new impulse for the TUM-GS Course Program. Courses that are already part of the current program cannot be considered
- The proposal has to highlight the benefit of the course for the doctoral qualification
- If a trainer for the course is proposed, please indicate his/her qualification
Only proposals that are in line with these general criteria and quality standards can be considered in the voting process!
Please indicate your contact information: The TUM-GS and/or Graduate Council may contact you in case any clarifications concerning the proposals are required.
For further questions please contact Vera Lang.