Other Funding

It is completely up to you how you will finance your Ph.D. For instance, you could be employed by an outside company and simultaneously work on your doctorate at TUM.

External doctoral candidates are generally employed by a non-university research institution or a company. Please inform yourself which companies or institutions would be appropriate for you, and whether they would support a doctorate during or outside working hours.

Please note

In order to pursue gainful employment in Germany, international doctoral candidates from non-EU states need a corresponding residence permit.