Coronavirus: Current information of the TUM-GS (as of 21.09.2021)
To limit the spread of the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) specific measures at TUM are in place that also affect the events and services offered by the TUM Graduate School.
Scientific research and laboratory work may be conducted within TUM facilities. However, all necessary safety regulations and prevention measures must be followed. Doctoral candidates are kindly asked to contact their supervisors for questions about on-campus workplace arrangements.
Critical information and notices of the TUM-GS in brief
Based on the current TUM regulations to limit the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), following directives are applicable to the TUM-GS.
- Until the end of the WS 2021/22, all Kick-off seminars will be conducted remotely. Information about our online Kick-off seminars can be found at https://www.gs.tum.de/en/doctoral-candidates/qualification/kick-off-seminar/dates-and-registration/.
- Registration for our 2021/22 winter semester transferable skills course program will open gradually throughout the semester. This means that it is possible to register eight weeks prior to a course start via DocGS. The transferable skills courses in the 2021/22 winter semester will be offered remotely and as in-person courses.
- For the participation in in-person courses within the 2021/22 winter semester transferable skills course program, the 3G rule applies.
- Please contact your Graduate Center driectly to inquire about subject-related course offerings in the 2021/22 winter semester.
- We strongly advice to wait with any travel bookings for internationalization activities until mid of 2022. In case of unnecessary early travel bookings for trips until mid of 2022, the TUM-GS may decline applications for the reimbursement of cancelation fees.
- Remote internationalization activities are preferred whenever possible. Fees for virtutal international conferences, symposia, summer/winter schools etc. can be reimbursed by the TUM-GS internationalization budget.
- Doctoral examinations may take place virtually in consultation with all parties involved. In case of face-to-face doctoral examinations, strict safety and prevention measures must be followed. Please contact your academic department/school for any related inquiries.
- Dissertations and all required documents must be submitted via post to the TUM Center for Teaching and Study - Promotionen (formerly Promotionsamt). The office itself remains closed to public.
- The TUM-GS Management Office is open to public only after prior appointments.
Detailed information can be found in the TUM-GS wiki at https://wiki.tum.de/display/tumgs21/TUM+Graduate+School+Startseite. Pelase note that a valid TUM ID is required to access the wiki.
General information about the Coronavirus and individual behavioral instructions
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the German public health authority monitoring the latest developments, publishes regular updates and recommendations, including general hygiene recommendations but also information on stays in risk areas. We strongly recommend to keep yourself informed and follow these recommendations: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV.html.
Suspicion and contact cases are to be reported internally to your supervisor or doctoral supervisor. General information from TUM on the subject can be found here: https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/news/coronavirus/.