The position will be half-anchored in the HCGES and half-anchored in the department that reflects the disciplinary background of the candidate, such as, but not limited to: Political Science, Internationals Relations, History, Cultural Studies, Law, Economics, Geography and Environmental Studies, Sociology, Public Policy, Education, Health and Welfare etc.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree at the time of hire, demonstrate an active research program and output, indicating the potential for outstanding scholarship. Tenure track recruitment will be expected to teach and supervise students at the Master and PhD level and to contribute to the HCGES, the respective department and the university activities. Successful candidates will be expected to teach in Hebrew within a few years of their arrival, as will be agreed upon recruitment.
The recruitment and appointment procedures will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University of Haifa and are subject to the approval of the university authorities. The university is not obliged to appoint any of the candidates who apply for the position.
Electronic applications should include the following documents (each in a separate file) in English and be sent to the academic coordinator of the HCGES, Katharina Konarek, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
- Names, addresses and email addresses of three potential referees
- Scientific biography outlining research and teaching interests and research plans for the forthcoming years
- List of course proposals and teaching evaluations, if exist
- A cover letter stating the motivations and willingness to take the position and the long-term commitment
- Up to 3 publications
Deadline: 24th September 2019
For further inquiries please contact the director of the HCGES, Prof. Eli Salzberger, email@example.com