Doctoral candidates and early stage researchers from academia or industry are invited to apply to the summer school from 27th to 31st of July 2020 on the topic of AI Technologies for Trust, Interoperability and Autonomy in Industry 4.0.
This summer school will have a unique format where participants will be intensively working on concrete industry use cases: we plan to dedicate most of the summer school to hands-on sessions while providing an overview of the theoretical foundations underlying the practical work.
The summer school will address various aspects of AI in Industry 4.0 (or Industry of the future) with a particular focus on:
- knowledge graphs
- the web of things
- decentralised AI
- responsible AI
Each of these topics will be covered in lectures and practical sessions, then applied to the industry use cases to devise potential solutions.
Expected candidates and benefits
We welcome applications from doctoral candidates and early stage researchers that have already some knowledge in at least one of the topics above, but want to broaden their perspective and have a chance to apply their skills on real problems. The benefits for the participants are:
- learn or improve knowledge in several areas of Artificial Intelligence
- get in touch with high profile researchers and professors
- build a network with other talented young researchers
- hack together plausible solutions to stimulating real-life problems
- have the opportunity to further develop your approach in collaboration with industry partners
How to apply
We will limit the number of participants to 30 people. Therefore, in case we receive too many applications, we will select attendees based on their résumés and cover letter. Please use the form at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ai4industry to submit them in a single file.
The registration fees are 300 € including meals, coffee breaks, lunches and special event dinner and accommodation at the student residence of Mines Saint-Étienne, for those participating on site. Reduced fees for remote participants will be 150 €. Thanks to our sponsorships, some fees may be waived. If you need a fee waiver, please send us a motivation letter, and we will consider your request in the limit of our budget.
- Opening of application for participation: 27 February 2020
- End of application: 15 June 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 20 June 2020
- Deadline for registration: 30 June 2020
- Summer school: 27-31 July 2020
Contact and organising institutions
Main contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mines de Saint-Étienne
Université Jean Monnet Saint-Étienne