Department of Informatics
Technical University of Munich
Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching
- Dissertation 1993, Habilitation 1999, Saarland University and Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbrücken
- 1994-1995: Postdoc at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI), Berkeley, California, USA
- 1999-2001: Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Dortmund
- 2001-2009: Professor of Computer Science, Chair of Information and Coding Theory, University of Freiburg
- 2009-2013: Professor of Computer Science, Chair of Algorithms and Complexity, Humboldt-University of Berlin
- since 2013: Professor of Computer Science, Chair of Theoretical Computer Science, TUM
- Visiting Professor at Carnegie Mellon University (Fall 2006) and Cornell University (Fall 2012)
The design and analysis of algorithms, particularly online and approximation algorithms.
On multi-processor speed scaling with migration (with A. Antoniadis and G. Greiner), J. Comput. Syst. Sci., 81 (2015) 7, 1194-1209.
Quantifying Competitiveness in Paging with Locality of Reference (with A. Frascaria). Proc. 42th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), Springer LNCS 9134, 2015, 26-38.
On Nash equilibria for a network creation game (with S. Eilts, E. Even-Dar, Y. Mansour, L. Roditty), ACM Trans. Economics and Comput., 2 (2014) 1, 1-27.
Race to idle: New algorithms for speed scaling with a sleep state (with A. Antoniadis), ACM Transactions on Algorithms, 10 (2014) 2, 1-31.
On Approximate Nash Equilibria in Network Design (with P. Lenzner), Internet Mathematics, 9 (2013) 4, 384-405.
New online algorithms for story scheduling in web advertising (with A. Passen). Proc. 40th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), Springer LNCS 7966, 2013, 446-458.
On the value of job migration in online makespan minimization (with Matthias Hellwig), Proc. 20th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), Springer LNCS 7501, 2012, 84-95.
Energy-efficient algorithms, Communications of the ACM, 53 (2010) 5, 86-96.
On the value of coordination in network design, SIAM J. Comput., 38 (2009) 6, 2273-2302.
Energy-efficient algorithms for flow time minimization (with H. Fujiwara), ACM Transactions on Algorithms, 3 (2007) 4, 1-17.