TUM Employment Contract

As a research associate, you are employed by TUM and receive a monthly salary. You will not only work on your dissertation, but also perform a wide range of research and teaching tasks. This position gives you the opportunity to gain professional experience in academia, as you are closely involved with the work of the department or institute.

Salaries for academic assistants are normally based on the pay scale for Civil Service in the States (West), at wage level E13. Depending on the department and the available funds, jobs are generally listed as full-time (100%) or part-time (50-75%) positions.

Please note!

In order to pursue gainful employment in Germany, international doctoral candidates from non-EU states need a corresponding residence permit.