TUM.Africa Talent: Networking Event on June 14
Kurse & Veranstaltungen |
As the next generation of academic leaders, doctoral candidates play a critical role in addressing the most pressing global challenges of today and tomorrow: From climate change, resource scarcity, geo-political conflicts to rising inequality. But what does it mean to take responsibility as a leader of tomorrow? And what skills are required to make a real difference, whether it's in industry, academia or society? The concept of ‘Sustainable Leadership’ may provide a guide for future leaders, offering a style of leadership that prioritizes the well-being of people and the planet as well as profit. Decisions are therefore not only made in the context of an organization's direct market advantage or individual self-fulfillment, but also take into account various dimensions in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Easier said than done!
Join us for an interesting panel discussion that brings together a diverse group of speakers to explore what sustainable leadership can look like in theory and practice. We are pleased to welcome our panelists:
- Dr. Anna Brzykcy, Postdoctoral Researcher at the TUM School of Management, Learning & Development Expert at the TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning
- Wayne Chinembiri, Research Associate at the TUM School of Management, CEO of TUeMpower Africa e.V., Attorney
- Sandra Raad, Head of Innovation Network, World Food Programme Innovation Accelerator
Together, our panelists will provide us with a lively discussion and insights into their different leadership styles and share their thoughts on how to incorporate the idea of sustainability into the concept of leadership.
- Date: 14 June 2023
- Time: 17:00-21:00 CET
- Place: TUM Vorhoelzer Forum, Arcisstraße 21, 80333 München
- Register: online by 12 June, 2023 or via email for external guests to janosa(at)zv.tum.de
Learn more about TUM.Africa Talent.